This course is provided by an experienced trainer registered with the Outdoor Education Advisers Panel. The course covers aspects of the law related to educational visits, risk assessment of visits and the administrative requirements associated with off-site educational experiences.
This training course will enable new EVCs at schools plan and manage educational visits. The course fee includes registration as an EVC with the Outdoor Education Advisers Panel.
This will help schools fulfill Health & Safety obligations for off-site visits, including sporting fixtures and adventure activities.
The course covers:
- Roles and responsibilities
- Risk assessment and risk management
- What the EVC needs to know
- What the EVC needs to do
This course aims to equip staff with the key requirements to become a competent Educational Visit Co-ordinator. The course outlines key considerations in planning an educational visit, updating participants with current good practice in the supervision of young people. The course provides training in strategies used for risk management and assessment in the outdoors.
- Enhanced knowledge and understanding about the effective supervision of young people taking part in off-site activities and visits
- Greater confidence and ability to act as the Education Visit Co-ordinator
- Increased competence in risk assessing and managing risks on off-site visit
Members Price £120.00
Non Members Price £140.00