How can you ensure consistently great teaching?
This course places reflection at the heart of school improvement. It unpacks the features of effective practice and explores how to use evidence to identify areas for development. Participants will create an action plan to support focused and sustained self-improvement. This can be shared with colleagues back in school.
This course is suitable for all teaching staff and will be particularly relevant for those who are newly or recently qualified. It will also serve as a useful refresher for more experienced teachers.
Session 1 - Reflective approaches for excellent teaching (90 minutes)
- Begin to build a manageable and positive approach for reflective practice
- Explore reflective approaches to support reflection on practice
- Explore the ways in which values are orientated towards teaching and/or learning
- Start to explore strengths and areas for development in your teaching
Session 2 - Reflecting on practice (2 hours)
- Use the Teachers' Standards as a framework for reflection
- Develop an evidenced based view of reflective practice
- Practise reflection on sources of existing evidence
- Prepare for action planning in session three
Session 3 - Moving to action and measuring impact (2 hours)
- Introduce seven evidence-based principles of good teaching and learning
- Use the principles of good teaching and learning to extend your use of the Teachers' Standards
- Learn about high-quality action planning and build your own personal action plan