It is mandatory that no interview panel be convened without at least one panel member having been trained in safer recruitment practices.
To become accredited, you need to have undertaken training and completed the Safer Recruitment Assessment. You will then receive your accreditation certificate, which can then become part of your evidence of the safer recruitment practices within your school.
The Safer Recruitment Workshop provided by an accredited Safer Recruitment Trainer, accredited by the Children’s Workforce Development Council the DfE and recognised by Ofsted.
This course will provide:
- Awareness and understanding of offender behaviour
- the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Support to consider or review policies and practises to minimise opportunities for abuse and ensure an ongoing culture of vigilance
- Best practice when recruiting and selecting adults to work with children in schools
- Procedures and strategies to help those involved in the recruitment process to deter, identify and reject applicants who are unsuitable to work with children
- Enable your school to meet the requirement for the headteacher, members of staff and governors to complete the accredited Safer Recruitment Training when interviewing new recruits
- Receive face to face training from an accredited trainer
- Ensure that your appointment panel includes one trained recruiter
"Thank you. We will be changing our recruiting procedures slightly after his training!"
"We enjoyed the course very much and found it very informative. One colleague was particularly pleased with herself in scoring 100% in the test! And we appreciate having another member of staff who can participate well on interview panels"
This course can also be provided at school sites and for school clusters.
Flat Rate £960