We believe that all behaviour is communication being driven by experiences and emotions. We deliver a toolkit approach that is 95% understanding behaviours and encouraging de-escalation. The 5% assesses the need for physical intervention in conjunction with a need’s analysis.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who is operating in a low-risk primary or secondary school setting would benefit from this course, which offers a grounding in positive behaviour management strategies applicable across these environments. This course is also suitable for anyone working in low-risk adult or children's service settings.
Participants will learn how to;
- Increase understanding and awareness of behaviour as communication and develop a framework to better respond to reduce risk
- Develop a greater team dynamic in supporting individuals who are distressed with approaches that have impact and strengthen relationships
- Utilise a toolkit of holistic strategies on de-escalation and crisis intervention, both verbal and non-verbal for supporting with disruptive and distressed behaviours
- Execute simple and safe positive handling techniques including personal safety, appropriate for a low-risk environment (If required by your setting). Our techniques are situated within a respectful, supportive approach to behaviour support strategies which maintains positive relationships.
This course is organised into 8 modules:
Module 1 - Background to Team Teach
Module 2 - The Legal Framework
Module 3 - Understanding Aggression
Module 4 - How Feelings Drive Behaviours
Module 5 - De-escalation and De-fusion
Module 6 - Personal Safety
Module 7 - Positive Handling – mainly guiding and escorting safely*
Module 8 - Repair, Reflection and Review
* If a greater degree of holding is required, please refer to the Level Two – 12 Hour course.
Price £960 flat rate fee (up to 12 people)