Delivered by expert trainers with current experience in Education
This group course is tailored to the needs of your organisation and can be delivered via blended learning or face to face at your setting
Our training emphasises positive relationships as being the key element in behaviour support, with physical techniques serving as only one part of an overall approach. As such, it is entirely compatible with Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) approaches.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for individuals operating in a medium-risk school environment, including Pupil Referral Units and Special Schools
It is particularly aimed at those working with individuals whose behaviour foreseeably poses a risk to themselves or to others.
Participants will learn how to;
- Understand the drivers and motivations displayed by individuals who are distressed and may become aggressive and disruptive
- Build a stronger team confidence around supporting behaviour
- Utilise a toolkit of holistic strategies on de-escalation and crisis intervention, including the importance of targeted communication, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Understand and know relevant legal standards and expectations related to use of force, and of the reporting, recording, monitoring and evaluating requirements of incidents involving physical controls and reasonable force.
- Execute simple and safe positive handling and personal safety techniques: including guiding, escorting and holding in standing, sitting and kneeling positions safely, appropriate for your service setting needs, which focus on maximum care -minimum force
- Improve expertise and confidence in staying safe, competence to carry out simple de-escalation strategies, and applying physical intervention in conjunction with a need’s analysis.
(This course includes a more extensive range of positive handling techniques)
Module 1 - Background to Team Teach
Module 2 - The Legal Framework
Module 3 - Understanding Aggression
Module 4 - How Feelings Drive Behaviours
Module 5 - De-escalation and De-fusion
Module 6 - Personal Safety
Module 7 - Positive Handling – including guiding, escorting and holding in standing, sitting and kneeling positions safely*
Module 8 - Repair, Reflection and Review
*The techniques delivered will be appropriate to the service settings of the group.
As closed courses are tailored to the service setting, they may involve additional content.
£1920 flat rate price, for up to 12 people